Sunday, December 2, 2012

Spooky Entry Table


Well I'm a little late at getting this post up, but I thought I would share our Spooky Halloween Entry Table from October. I have always loved Halloween, and it has nothing to do with the candy. I hate scary movies! Blood and Gore really aren't my thing either, so what is it that I love about this Holiday?  I love the magic and the fun it brings to children. There is something about playing dress up for a night with everyone else that just strikes my fancy.  Growing up my Dad would always get super excited to help us pick out Halloween costumes and I think that's another reason I love it : ) 
To bring the Holiday Spirits to our home,  I thought I would create a little whimsy in our living room.


 Banner-  I decided what I wanted the banner to say and used the free font Rosewood Std, I think it looks like a creepy carnival font. {You can download it here.}I then print and cut out the letters.
 I made 11 pinwheels and hot glued the pin wheels to orange ribbon and the letters to the pinwheels.


 Spooky Haunted House- I bought a small paper mache house at Hobby Lobby, it was about $4.99    and I painted it black.

Halloween Subway Art-  I downloaded this free printable here.

Potions and Poisons bottles- I downloaded several different packs of Halloween Poison labels. I didn't write down the links, but you can find similar ones on a Pinterest search or here.
Once printed, I cut them out and just used double stick tape to secure them to the bottles. I purchased all of the glass from Hobby Lobby, they always have great deals on their glass bottles and apothecary jars.



Poisoned Apples- This was the messiest part of the decorating. I bought 10 plastic apples at the dollar store and used a paint brush to paint on Elmer's glue. I think shook red glitter onto the Apples and turned them until coated. I had red glittery hands afterwards, but I think it was worth it. I love how they turned out.

I created this entire display for about $30. Having a festive display in your home really does help you stay excited about whatever Holiday you are celebrating. I loved walking past this table each day and reminiscing on all of my past Halloweens and getting excited for the future ones.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Krista, its really cool to see you doing this and your just as creative as I remember!! Love your ideas!

    Cousin Alesha

    ReplyDelete