Sunday, October 7, 2012

Creating a Burlap Banner

I created a burlap banner for LDS Girls Camp this year. Our Ward was given the theme of Hardworking and the color of Orange, so we used Home Depot as inspiration for our decorations. I used the Home Depot catch phrase," You can do it, we can help," for this banner.

1. I bough 1 yard of burlap and it was more than enough. I cut the burlap into 5 inch by 6 inch rectangles. Make sure to put newspaper or another layer under the burlap or you will end up with paint on your counter top like me : )            







 2. I then Used my "Base Camp" cartridge and cut out 4.5 size letters. I popped the letters out and then used the outline of the letters as my stencils.

 3. I used a sponge brush and stamped white craft paint onto the burlap.
 4. Let the letters dry and apply a second coat on the letters if necessary.

5. Because this banner didn't need to be super durable, I just hot glued 2 inch ribbon onto the burlap letter blocks. I made mine double tiered and just used hot glue to glue the tiers together.

6. The embellishments are rolled burlap roses and rolled fabric roses. I hot glued those on as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment