Sunday, October 7, 2012

Positive Pin Board

Our LDS Girls Camp theme this year was Pinterest. Everything was about cultivating the talents you've been given and becoming a better woman.  I created this board so that the girls could pin Positive thoughts or impressions that they felt through the week.  Our ward was given the color Orange and the theme Hardworking, so we used Home depot as our inspiration for decorations.

1. I started with an Orange Foam Board and a wood patterned contact paper , both from the dollar store!
2. I wrapped the edges of the Foam Board with the contact paper equally on all sides
3. I printed the Pinterest "P" logo, cut it out and then traced it onto the contact paper.
4. I then typed out the rest of the words
5. I then used a Home Depot like font and typed and printed each girls name and each leaders name
6. I arranged the names on the board and then hot glued a clothes-pin under each name
7. I then tied 1/2 inch ribbon into a knot and hot glued a "bow" onto each pin
8.I then hot glued the ribbons onto the back of the board
9. I created a pinwheel from scrapbook paper and then hot glued it to the ribbon

Unfortunately I didn't get to go to Girl's Camp but this was one of my contributions and I think it turned out cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment