Sunday, October 7, 2012

DIY Glass serving peices

I threw a baby shower for a dear friend of mine and I struggled trying to find serving pieces that fit my budget. I wanted quite a few pieces, so I knew I had to make something or find it at the dollar store. There are many ...many tutorials online and I found this one on Pinterest  . I ended up finding some similar dishes at the dollar store and making the following serving dishes:

 I took the pieces, matched them to one another and hot glued them together.





  I later spray painted them, and now I can spray paint them each time I need to use them for another party! Even though it dries on the glass, spray paint is not entirely safe to serve food directly on.
 I made sure to put either saran wrap or a pretty doily under the food, so that it didn't have direct contact with the spray paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment